BOARD-L Archives

Archiver > BOARD > 1998-09 > 0905462486

From: Nancy Trice <>
Subject: Re: [BOARD-L] KS USGW Archives
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 1998 16:21:26 -0500

Well said Maureen, and the point that I was trying to make earlier. I
would love to see all the states with the same type of partnership. After
all, it's our tax dollars that pay for the libraries, archives, etc. Why
should the USGW project not try to avail ourselves and our researchers of
all resources that are available?

One of the things every one of us has heard at one time or another is the
question about the files remaining free and never being sold. This is
something that the KSGW folks don't hear concerns about with their library
partnership. Linda and Brian have both sworn that they always will be
free. I have no reason to doubt the word of either of them, and I sincerely
appreciate everything that Brian and Karen, and Rootsweb, has done for
USGW. However, that should not preclude us from pursuing other avenues as
well.

Our number one goal should always be what is best for our state projects,
our CCs, and our visitors. If that means that the archives are on another
server and mirrored on RW, what is wrong with that?

nt