BOARD-L Archives

Archiver > BOARD > 1998-09 > 0905462598

From: Pam Reid <>
Subject: Re: [BOARD-L] KS USGW Archives
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 1998 17:23:18 -0400

Maureen,

I really don't see where our points of view are so differing that we can't
come together with a compromise. It really isn't a matter of selecting an
option. It is a matter of records being submitted to USGW. Where do these
records belong? IMO, anywhere and everywhere that a researcher might be
able to benefit. So, why is having a copy of each record available in the
USGW Archives a point of argument? I am very impressed with the partnership
KansasGenWeb has forged with the State Library. This is a feather in the cap
of the Kansas Project and a wonderful example of the kind of parterships
that can be built to further the purpose of historical and genealogical
research on the internet. Still, the USGW Archives has a valuable purpose
that should not be overlooked nor downplayed.
The best of both worlds is to make the records available in both places.
Easy answer!

--
Pam Reid in Virginia

mailto: