BOARD-L Archives

Archiver > BOARD > 2001-09 > 0999659477

From: "Kathy Heidel" <>
Subject: Re: [BOARD-L] SUGGESTED motion for SW/SC vacancy
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2001 22:11:17 -0500

Jana,
I am uncomfortable with a another committee selecting the new AB member,
we are the Selection Committee. As I understand the bylaws we are to make
that selection. And we asked for a poll to allow the CC's from that Region
the opportunity to help select a Representative for that Region, thereby
allowing them the chance to express their opinion. I personally felt that is
what they wanted and that was the fairest way to approach the matter. After
the poll the EC could submit the highest 2 - 4 names (or whatever number)
and the AB could select from that list.
It was hard enough to get the SC's in some states to file a Voter's
List, I don't know if they will want to participate in another "poll". I
also feel that the EC was established with the thought in mind to be used
when needed. They have the voter lists, independent server, and unbiased
personal already established to perform this function for us. If we are only
allowed to use this Committee once a year, is in my opinion a waste.
My opinion only,
Kathy

"I was cut out to be rich.....but I was sewn up wrong!"
Kathy Welch Heidel - mailto:
South Dakota, West ASC ~ USGWP
USGenWeb Project
County Coordinator for KS & MO