BOARD-L ArchivesArchiver > BOARD > 2009-06 > 1244849536
From: "Tina S. Vickery" <>
Subject: [BOARD] Motion 2008/09-019: 'Standard Procedures - Special Projects'
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2009 18:32:16 -0500
Motion 2008/09-019: 'Standard Procedures - Special Projects'
Presented by Cyndie Endfinger and seconded by Ann Allen Geoghegan, 'Standard
Procedures - Special Projects' dated June 12, 2009, is numbered Motion
"I move to adopt the following Standard Procedures regarding Special
inclusion in the USGenWeb Standard Rules:
Special Projects Standard Procedures
Section 1A. A project desiring to become a USGenWeb Special Project may
apply to the
USGenWeb Advisory Board by submitting the following information:
- The name of the project
- A description of the project including its scope, member structure and
the project if applicable.
- The URL of the existing project. If the project is a concept, the
- Describe how the project promotes the gathering of information in a
area as defined in Article XIII. Special Projects of the USGenWeb Bylaws.
A project may apply for USGenWeb Special Project status one time per
Session (September 1 through August 31).
Section 1B. On receipt of an application for a new USGenWeb Special Project,
USGenWeb advisory Board will vote to accept the project under a probationary
If the project is accepted, the following Rules apply.
- The probationary period will be for six months beginning the date of
- The project may use the affiliation "Friend of the USGenWeb Project" on
project website. At the completion of the probationary period, any
reference to this
affiliation should be removed or replaced with official USGenWeb Logos if
- A link to the project will be added on the national USGenWeb site under
"Projects of Note Outside of the USGenWeb Project" on the Project page.
- The project will submit a monthly status report indicating any
may include pages added, count of new submissions or other indicators to
the project's progress.
- The project is encouraged to establish local guidelines for project
grievances, site reviews and other local level policies as appropriate for
content of the project during this time.
- The project is encouraged to include a page listing the members of the
their contact information when applicable.
Section 1C. At the conclusion of the probationary period a determination
made regarding the project. The applicant must agree that they have read
understand the terms of establishment as a USGenWeb Project.
- The applicant will submit a statement that all members of the project have
USGenWeb Bylaws and Standard Procedures and agree to the terms.
- The USGenWeb Advisory Board will vote to accept or reject the project as a
Special Project upon receipt of that statement.
Section 1D. Terms of Establishment as a USGenWeb Project.
- Upon establishment of a USGenWeb Special Project, the Special Project will
that day forward be under the auspices of the USGenWeb Project. The Special
will adhere to the USGenWeb Project Bylaws and use/licensing of the Service
The use of the name "USGenWeb" and such licensing may be revoked by a
of the USGenWeb Advisory Board.
- Content submitted to the Special Project while under the control of the
Project is considered to be contributed to the USGenWeb Project, and not to
individual, although Copyrights for any material which is submitted shall
remain in the control of the copyright holder, under law.
- License to display submitted content is at the discretion of the copyright
- License to use the name and logos of the USGenWeb Project are subject to
if the sites which display them are disassociated from the USGenWeb Project,
logos, images and service marked materials shall be removed upon
- Disassociation of a Special Project from the USGenWeb Project requires a
vote of the members of the Special Project, with the result to be publicly
- USGenWeb Project Membership of the members of an accepted Special Project
the date the result of the motion to accept the project is announced.
- The USGenWeb Logo should be prominently displayed on the main page of the
Project and main page of each subsection of the project.
The Project Coordinator and Assistant Coordinator's name and contact
be displayed on the main linked page of the Special Project and each
and contact information should be displayed on the main page of the section
Cyndie SP Rep."
Discussion is now open. If you have no discussion, please indicate "No
Discussion will remain open until Monday, June 15, 2009 at 8 p.m. CST
|[BOARD] Motion 2008/09-019: 'Standard Procedures - Special Projects' by "Tina S. Vickery" <>|