BOARD-L ArchivesArchiver > BOARD > 2009-06 > 1245009826
From: "Tina S. Vickery" <>
Subject: [BOARD] Motion 2008/09-020: 'Standard Procedures - Special Projects'
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 2009 15:03:46 -0500
Motion 2008/09-020: 'Standard Procedures - Special Projects'
Presented by Cyndie Enfinger and seconded by Ann Allen Geoghegan, 'Standard
Procedures - Special Projects' dated June 14, 2009, is numbered Motion
"I move to adopt the following Standard Procedures regarding Special
Projects for inclusion in the USGenWeb Standard Rules:
Special Projects Standard Procedures
Section 1A. A project desiring to become a USGenWeb Special Project may
apply to the USGenWeb Advisory Board by submitting the following
- The name of the project
- A description of the project including its scope, member structure and
history of the project if applicable.
- The URL of the existing project. If the project is a concept, the
applicant should indicate such.
- Describe how the project promotes the gathering of information in a
specialized area as defined in Article XIII. Special Projects of the
A project may apply for USGenWeb Special Project status one time per
Advisory Board Session (September 1 through August 31).
Section 1B. On receipt of an application for a new USGenWeb Special Project,
the USGenWeb Advisory Board will vote to accept or reject the project under
probationary period. If the project is accepted, the following Rules apply.
- The probationary period will be for six months beginning the date of
- The project may use the affiliation "Friend of the USGenWeb Project" on
their project website. At the completion of the probationary period, any
reference to this affiliation should be removed or replaced with official
USGenWeb Logos if the project is accepted.
- A link to the project will be added on the national USGenWeb site under
the heading "Projects of Note Outside of the USGenWeb Project" on the
- The project will submit a monthly status report indicating any
achievements which may include pages added, count of new submissions or
other indicators to demonstrate the project's progress.
- The project is encouraged to establish local guidelines for project
elections, grievances, site reviews and other local level policies as
appropriate for the content of the project during this time.
- The project is encouraged to include a page listing the members of the
project with their contact information when applicable.
Section 1C. At the conclusion of the probationary period a determination
will be made regarding the project. The applicant must agree that they have
read and understand the terms of establishment as a USGenWeb Project.
- The applicant will submit a statement that all members of the project have
read the USGenWeb Bylaws and Standard Procedures and agree to the terms.
- The USGenWeb Advisory Board will vote to accept or reject the project as a
USGenWeb Special Project upon receipt of that statement.
Section 1D. Terms of Establishment as a USGenWeb Project.
- Upon establishment of a USGenWeb Special Project, the Special Project will
from that day forward be under the auspices of the USGenWeb Project. The
Special Project will adhere to the USGenWeb Project Bylaws and use/licensing
of the Service marks. The use of the name "USGenWeb" and such licensing may
be revoked by a majority vote of the USGenWeb Advisory Board.
- Content submitted to the Special Project while under the control of the
USGenWeb Project is considered to be contributed to the USGenWeb Project,
and not to any individual, although Copyrights for any material which is
submitted shall fully remain in the control of the copyright holder, under
- License to display submitted content is at the discretion of the copyright
holder if any.
- License to use the name and logos of the USGenWeb Project are subject to
revocation if the sites which display them are disassociated from the
USGenWeb Project, and such logos, images and service marked materials shall
be removed upon disassociation.
- Disassociation of a Special Project from the USGenWeb Project requires a
majority vote of the members of the Special Project, with the result to be
- USGenWeb Project Membership of the members of an accepted Special Project
begins the date the result of the motion to accept the project is announced.
- The USGenWeb Logo should be prominently displayed on the main page of the
Special Project and main page of each subsection of the project.
The Project Coordinator and Assistant Coordinator's name and contact
information will be displayed on the main linked page of the Special Project
and each member's name and contact information should be displayed on the
main page of the section that they maintain.
Discussion is now open. If you have no discussion, please indicate "No
Discussion will remain open until Tuesday, June 16, 2009 at 8 p.m. CST
|[BOARD] Motion 2008/09-020: 'Standard Procedures - Special Projects' by "Tina S. Vickery" <>|