BOARDS-ADMINS-L Archives

Archiver > BOARDS-ADMINS > 2001-08 > 0998238426

Subject: Re: [BD-ADM] Re: Create Classification Link Utility
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2001 12:27:06 EDT

In a message dated 8/18/2001 9:16:04 PM Central Daylight Time,
writes:

> Doesn't make much sense to gateway to mailing list subscribers, then, does
> it? I understand the benefit of message board notifications, they have been
> specifically chosen by the person, but this just adds substantially to the
> size of a mailing list post and few people interested in a "live" mailing
> list will go to a static board to answer or even look at what might be
> there.
>
> Elaine

Sure makes sense to me Elaine. Those are some of the reasons that I had the
gateway turned off for the lists that I have. That and the fact that so many
people reply to the mail list and do not realize that for those gateway
messages they need to go to the boards to post a reply.
Take care - Emma

This thread: