BOARDS-ADMINS-L Archives

Archiver > BOARDS-ADMINS > 2001-12 > 1007658608

From: Margaret Olson <>
Subject: Re: [BD-ADM] Just An Observation
Date: Thu, 06 Dec 2001 11:10:08 -0600

SgtGeorge in his message says:

>Joan, and any other person who should see this, isn't it about time
>that someone higher up in the organization is made aware of these
>problems? Isn't it about time that some highly-paid executives earn
>their multi-million salaries and actually do some managing? How in
>the world did Ancestry/Rootsweb deteriorate so much that even
>Messages Boards require Admins to have Nuclear Physics degrees
>just to make them work?

I am sure you are aware of this - but your statement may confuse
others. You are singling out Joan as though she could talk to management
or to programmers and get them to do something. Joan no longer is on staff
at RootsWeb. She is very knowledgeable about boards, but she's not in a
position to do anything - and it's probably putting her in a difficult spot
even to suggest that she comment any more than she has. Ex-staff does not
mean "influence". We (I'm one, too) undoubtedly have MUCH LESS influence
than the volunteers on the Help Desk. Why not post your suggestions there?

Honey works better than vinegar, I am told.

Margaret

This thread: