BOARDS-ADMINS-L Archives

Archiver > BOARDS-ADMINS > 2001-12 > 1007676424

From: "John A Hansen" <>
Subject: [BD-ADM] RE: [LO] Clan List
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2001 14:07:04 -0800

Dear Val:

We've had lots of discussion regarding the right
place to locate the Clans list. There is both
a mailing list and the message boards.

The clan mailing list is located in the index:
> International
> Scotland

The message boards:
>Topics
>ethnic/race
>Celtic
>Scottish Clans

The mailing list and message boards are linked together.
The Clan list are intended to cover subjects that
would normally be considered off topic in the
surnames.

The Clan mailing list and Clan message boards are for anyone
with a genealogical or historical interest in the
Scottish Clan and their Septs. Acceptable Topics
include searches for Clan ancestors; discussions
of Clan history, culture, food, language, coats of arms,
tartans, and major events that changed the course of the clan.
Current events such as the main Clan gathering,
rebuilding of the Clan Castle, and museums; and
notices of gatherings and meetings from the official regional
and international Clan Associations are also encouraged.
No Flames, No Politics, No Religion, No Selling

Best Regards

John A Hansen

Admin

BTW: Many thanks to our Lady Elaine, and Vicki for
their patience and assistance in getting this all
set up !!

This thread: