BOARDS-ADMINS-L Archives

Archiver > BOARDS-ADMINS > 2001-12 > 1008576553

From: "George W. Durman" <>
Subject: Re: [BD-ADM] Re: Updating Links
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2001 03:09:13 -0500

Pardon me, but am I the ONLY one that has just gotten tired of the
new "yuppie" word "ADDY", with all its variations?

I KNOW this is off-topic, and has absolutely nothing to do with
anything, but "addy" is just so danged cute it is sickening!

It's almost as bad as seeing all those "important" people who can't
drive an auto, shop in a store, or go to the bathroom, without having
a wireless phone stuck half way into their ear canal. "Addy" isn't
"cute", it isn't "correct", and it certainly doesn't add anything to
our
language. What he H--- is wrong with "address"? Again, pardon me,
but there comes a time when inane affectations such as this just
become nauseating!

SgtGeorge

At 12/16/2001 04:11 PM Sunday, someone wrote:
*********START OF ORIGINAL MESSAGE TEXT*********
>(snip)
>.....email addy's.....
>(snip)