BOARDS-ADMINS-L Archives

Archiver > BOARDS-ADMINS > 2001-12 > 1008609258

Subject: [BD-ADM] Re: Adminstrating boards
Date: 17 Dec 2001 10:14:18 -0700

Classification: Query

Message Board URL:

http://boards.ancestry.com/mbexec/msg/rw/BF.2ADIAE/432.1.1.1.1.1

Message Board Post:

Hi again Joan,

Okay, I went to Ancestry's page and did not log in. I clicked on My Account. It asked me for my e-mail address and said it was going to send me a temporary login. That's not exactly what was supposed to happen, is it?

The e-mail came back and gives me 4 different login accounts:

1. The one I'm using now.
2. One I used when I was subscribed to Ancestry previously.
3. One I never used with arbitrary numbers after my name.
4. Another one similar to #3.

The e-mail said to click on each one and change my password. But, that's not what I want to do. I want to get rid of three of these. How do I do that?

And does this mean that I have to login on Ancestry to do anything on Rootsweb????

Once I get this straightened out so that I have one account and password, how do I administer boards? I still don't understand this.

Michele

This thread: