BOARDS-ADMINS-L Archives

Archiver > BOARDS-ADMINS > 2001-12 > 1009484075

Subject: Re: [BD-ADM] (no subject)
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2001 15:14:35 EST

In a message dated 12/27/01 12:16:24 PM Eastern Standard Time,
writes:

> I am a new Message Board Admin, and would like to ask if an inappropriate
> message is posted to a county message board, (i.e. county other than
county
> message board is for), does the admin have a chance to move/delete that
> message before it is gatewayed to a county mail list? Or does that county
> mail list end up with that message in it's archives forever?
>
> Hope the above isn't too confusing.
>
> Thank you.

To answer the first part of your question--as long as you (or the list admin
if that is someone other than you) have the address
on the list's accept list, or if the board poster is a list subscriber and
the gc-gateway address isn't on the list's reject list, the board post will
be gatewayed directly to the list once posted to the board. There is no way
to stop it.

If the gateway address isn't on the list's accept list, all board posts
posted by non list subscribers bounce to the list admin for review and it is
up to the admin whether to pass them along to the list or not. If the
gateway address is added to the list's reject list ALL board posts will
bounce to the admin for review before going to the list.

If you as board admin subsequently move the misplaced message to the
appropriate board the message *won't* be gatewayed to the correct list when
moved assuming this board is also gatewayed to its allied list. Also, the
misplaced message will remain in the original list archives unless the poster
requests that it be removed -- and I don't think that should be encourages in
that it isn't worth the amount of work involved in removing the message to do
so.

Joan

This thread: