BOARDS-ADMINS-L Archives

Archiver > BOARDS-ADMINS > 2001-12 > 1009528833

From: "George W. Durman" <>
Subject: Re: [BD-ADM] What do you do about...?
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2001 03:40:33 -0500

Joan, while not finding fault with, or criticizing you, isn't it
about time
to stop sugar-coating the problems that users send to this List?

RE: "...we are hoping...", "...return their attention...",
"...actually easier
to manage...", "...greater control...", etc.

What in heck is wrong with you, and others, simply answering, once
in a while, saying "I agree with you." Without couching replies in a
manner as to accentuate the "supposedly" positive aspects of the
present
boards, and down-playing the problems? If you were on the receiving
end of these posts, and not the apologist, YOU wouldn't put up with
these continual excuses.

The person who wrote to the List says she is "...about ready to give
up." Doesn't THAT worry anyone? If a Board manager is ready to
give up, what does that say for the hell users have to go through?

PLEASE, stop the apologies, stop the excuses, stop the sweet talk.
If anyone can't offer a positive forecast for things getting better,
then
just don't reply. I, for one, am sick of excuses and promises!

Sorry,
SgtGeorge
George W. Durman

At 12/27/2001 07:11 PM Thursday, wrote:
*********START OF ORIGINAL MESSAGE TEXT*********
>In a message dated 12/27/01 5:11:22 PM Eastern Standard Time,
> writes:
>
> > Maybe I'm just, as my grandmother would say, "out of sorts" but
> the boards
> > are hard to manage, and I'm about ready to give up.
>
>Kay-
>
>The boards are harder to manage and less intuitive than they should
>be, but
>we all are hoping that things will improve once the developers
>return their
>attention to them and fix the problems we've all reported that
>hopefully are
>on the "fix" list.
>
>Boards actually are easier to manage (when all is working as it
>should) than
>lists are in that we have much greater control over removing
>improper items
>and moving misplaced posts than we ever had with lists. Boards also
>reach a
>much greater audience.
>
>Joan

>If you want off this list, click this link:
>mailto:?subject=unsubscribe
>Helpful links:
>http://helpdesk.rootsweb.com/questions_boards.html
>http://helpdesk.rootsweb.com/help.cgi

>To join Ancestry.com and access our 1.2 billion online genealogy
>records, go to:
>http://www.ancestry.com/rd/redir.asp?targetid=571&sourceid=1237
**********END OF ORIGINAL MESSAGE TEXT**********

This thread: