BOARDS-ADMINS-L Archives

Archiver > BOARDS-ADMINS > 2001-12 > 1009536862

Subject: Re: [BD-ADM] Mr SID
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2001 05:54:22 EST

In a message dated 12/24/01 2:20:39 PM Mountain Standard Time,
writes:

> OK. Further discussion, off-line...

Actually, in terms of industry-wide problems, our technical assessments seem
to be remarkably in agreement -- so much so that I can't find a single point
to argue with.

In this case, though, I think that the real problem is one of marketing and
customer support -- and readily acknowledge that there are no easy answers.

My own Pentium IV is less than a year old and was top of the line in its
time. I selected it to handle graphics-intensive applications and, so far,
Mr SID is the only viewer that has succeeded in choking it.

It appears to me that Ancestry has been marketing to the masses, but serving
only the power users -- but at least they finally got rid of the restriction
against printing or saving a copy of a census page, so perhaps they will
solve some of their other problems.

Sharon

This thread: