BOARDS-ADMINS-L Archives

Archiver > BOARDS-ADMINS > 2001-12 > 1009644720

Subject: Re: [BD-ADM] Yeah for Abuse-they caught the Mitchell Works!
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2001 11:52:00 EST

In a message dated 12/29/01 8:52:44 AM Eastern Standard Time,
writes:

> Hi Again,
> Abuse is catching this on my lists; but what do I do about the Carter
County,
> KY board where this person said my email was harvested from?
> Is anyone else getting these messages?
> Thanks,
> Ramona
>

> Your email address was harvested by a SPAM
> robot. It got your address from the webpage
> http://www.rootsweb.com/~kycarter/

Ramona-

The board is NOT where the spammer said he got your address. It is the
county page: http://www.rootsweb.com/~kycarter/ The only way to resolve
that problem is to have the CC who is Webmaster for that page (assuming that
isn't you) encrypt your email address on the page.

Joan

This thread: