BOARDS-ADMINS-L Archives

Archiver > BOARDS-ADMINS > 2002-07 > 1025740472

From: "Tilman Brandl" <>
Subject: [BAd] Errrh ... about copyright
Date: Thu, 4 Jul 2002 01:54:32 +0200

Hi,

this may be a little bit off-topic, but I believe that some people on
this list are more knowledgeable re. copyright than I am, therefore:

On my surname board we are pondering the idea to post a few results of
our research, namely

- transcriptions of selected 1880 soundex census data for our specific
name, and maybe also
- selected search results from the Ellis Island site (not in detail
though)

I understand that all these data are public and therefore not
copyrighted per se. What do you think? Do we run a risk of copyright
infringement when we proceed with this?

TVMIA

Tilman

This thread: