BOARDS-ADMINS-L Archives

Archiver > BOARDS-ADMINS > 2002-08 > 1028305426

Subject: Re: [BAd] Re: Waving Flag (was Re: Obituary Question)
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2002 12:23:46 EDT

In a message dated 8/2/02 10:31:35 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
writes:

> the whole page should be edited as if it is any other HTML page. That means
> it has to use the common HTML
> tags that begin and end the page allowing browsers to know that anything
> between those tags should be treated as being an HTML command.

This is all very good advice and we have been telling admins from the
beginning to treat the L&A pages like they would any normal HTML page.
However, I think the problem (I know MY problem) with the L&A pages was that
since some sections are "done" for us or "provided" for us--like the
encrypting and adding the graphics using the uploader--it tends to lull one
into a sense of complacency that this is NOT a normal HTML page and doesn't
need everything that a normal HTML page does. This is especially true when
things look just fine with your browser of choice (IE for about 90% of us)
when using the TEST page.

Thanks for the wake-up call that the page still DOES need to be treated like
any normal HTML page regardless of how the TEST page looks in IE.

Joan

This thread: