BOGLE-L Archives

Archiver > BOGLE > 2009-03 > 1237772379

Subject: Re: [BOGLE] Ralph Bogle, SR
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2009 21:39:39 -0400

Thank you for your reply. I will have to wait until I get my genealogy back to see where we connect. My Mother-in-law's (Maggie) Father was Lewis?Dow Bogle and
my Father-in-Law's (James Robert-called J.R.)?Father was Andrew Napolian Bogle (my husband is Andrew Dow and his Mother did not like either name, so he is A.D.!

Lewis Dow's family had reunions some 40-50 years ago and they have started having them again. It is mostly Fred Bogle's children and son, Jerry, is the one who
organizes them. We went to one a year ago last October and?there were about 30-40 there. There were six of his eight childen there (one could not come and another
died some 6-7 yrs. ago). They lost two more last year - very sad.The only others there were A.D.and I and two children (and two grandchildren) of Fred's sister Selma.

Where do you live and did your Bogles come from southwest Virginia?
?
There is a Ralph Bogle in Alexandria. His Father, Ralph, called me many years ago when I worked in a bank in Arlington (he had seen my name in the paper. The
elder Ralph was quite wealthy, but I know nothing about the son. He was inquiring about our? being related, but I did not have the genealogy at the time.

I have talked to people at the Bogle Winery in CA, but not directly with a Bogle. It is now run by a son and daughter and the daughter has just had Cancer. I know this
because I get a newsletter from them.

Jane