BONAR-L Archives

Archiver > BONAR > 2004-08 > 1091556643

Subject: Re: Information regarding Barnet Bonar
Date: 3 Aug 2004 12:10:43 -0600

Classification: Query

Message Board URL:

http://boards.ancestry.com/mbexec/msg/an/mAF.2ACIB/31.36.1

Message Board Post:

John, we have just been to a Bonar Family Reunion in Blockton IA. Present at that refunion was Margie Bonar Edwards from Florida. She is Fred Bonar's daughter. She brought copies of "Bonar Genealogy", a 560 page book published in 1969 about our families, and written by Dorothy Elizabeth Rine Brown. It is very comprehensive about the branches of the family, all except ours. We trace back to Henry Dickerson Bonar, born about 1795 and his wife Elizabeth Slater. They were my great, great, great grandparents. Is your wife a sister to Margie Edwards, mentioned earlier. If so she is also my Uncle Fred's daughter. I am just getting underway to collect full family information for all of our families from Henry Dickerson Bonar forward, and will appreciate learning anything from you which could be included. Thanks in advance. Dick Gordon

This thread: