BOONE-L Archives

Archiver > BOONE > 1999-10 > 0939521067

From: "Pauli Smith" <>
Subject: [BOONE-L] Joseph & Elizabeth Warin Boone
Date: Sat, 9 Oct 1999 20:04:27 -0600

----- Original Message -----
From: Rebecca Lamb <>
To: Pauli Smith <>
Sent: Saturday, October 09, 1999 11:29 AM
Subject: Re: [BOONE-L] Roll Call

> In you research did you find any information about Joseph Jr's other
> children. Specifically I am looking for William son of Thomas son of
> Joseph Jr.
> file://homepages.udayton.edu/~lambrebe/gene.html

Hi Rebecca,

Hope some of this will help you.

Children of Joseph Boone Jr. & Elizabeth Warin/Warren

1. Ann Boone b. abt. 1749 Berks, Co., PA (Elizabeth was pregnant with Ann
when she and Joseph were married. Got them kicked out of the local Friends
church)

2. Catherine Boone b. 11 Mar 1752 Berks, PA D. 17 Nov 1804. Married #1.
William DeHart son of Gilbert DeHart and Elizabeth Reed. #2. James A. Ingles

3. Jacob Boone b. 15 Aug 1754, Exter, Berks, PA d. 4 May 1827, Maysville,
KY md. Mary DeHart dau.. of Gilbert DeHart and Elizabeth Reed. b. 10 Oct
1753 in PA d. 30 Jul 1828 in Maysville, Mason, KY

4. Joseph Boone lll b. 30 Mar 1756 Berks. d. 1830 md. Mary Lincoln dau. of
Abraham Lincoln and Ann Boone.

5. Thomas Boone b. 21 Aug 1758 Exter, Berks, PA d. 6 Feb 1831, Oxford, OH
buried: Indian Creek Burial Ground, near Reily, OH md Susanna Brumfield
dau. of Solomon Brumfield and ?. in 1782, Berks Co., PA Susanna is buried
next to Thomas.

6.Ovid Boone b. 20 Jan 1762 Berks, PA d. 17 Sep 1845. md. #1. Susannah Noe
dau of Randall Noe and ? #2. Catherine (Catherina) Yokum 21 Oct. 1782,
Exter, Berks, PA

7. Sarah Boone b. abt. 1764 Berks, PA md. twice no names.

8. Hannah Boone b. 2 Nov 1769 Berks, PA D. 11 Jun 1839 in IN. buried Elkhorn
Cem. near Richmond, IN md. James Lamb b. 15 Jul 1756 Perthshire, Scotland.
d. 22 Sept/ 1841 IN buried Elkhorn Cem.

9. Abner Boone b. 1773 Berks, PA bd. Isabella (Elisabeth) Ellis 22 Dec 1983
in Pendleton Co., KY.

10. Johab (Joab) Boone b. 1775 Berks, PA d. 1852 in Harrison Co. KY, near
Colemanville md. #1. ? #2. Eleanor ? about 1820.

Notes: Thomas Boone
Served in the Revolutionary war in the 10th Battalion, Lancaster Co.
Militia, PA.
When Joseph Boone Jr. died in Berks Co., PA, Daniel Boone the pioneer and
his first cousin, came back from Kentucky and persuaded his widow Elizabeth
Warin/Warren Boone and several of her children, including their spouses and
children if they were married, to move to Kentucky, "To better their
condition". Joseph Boone Jr.'s land was sold in Exter, PA in 1785,
(Commission book 1 page 282).

In the fall of 1785, Jacob, Thomas and Ovid - brothers -started with their
families, teams and wagons to the mouth of the Sewickley on the Monongehela
and the "wintered;" built a boat, "killed a great quantity of pigeons," and
in the spring of 1786 descended the Ohio River unmolested to Limestone (now
Maysville) - the three families in one boat. Col. Daniel Boone, the pioneer,
then resided at Limestone near the mouth of the Limestone creek. Jacob
stayed in Limestone, Thomas and his family went to Butler Co., Ohio and Ovid
went to Bourbon Co., KY. Jacob & Daniel ran a tavern in Maysville. Jacob
also owned and ran a ferry, served as a tracker and interrupter between the
settlers and the Indians, became the Supt. of Roads in Adams Co., OH.,
helped lay out the town of Maysville, was one of the first Town Trustee's
and donated the land for the original cemetery, now the Pioneer Cem.,
located next to the Maysville Museum.

Thomas and Susanna lived in Butler Co., Ohio near Oxford.

Thomas was born 21 Aug 1758 in Exter, Berks Co., PA and died in 1831 in
Oxford, Butler Co., OH

He married Susanna Brumfield in 1782 in Berks Co., PA, the daughter of
Solomon Brumfield.

Thomas and Susanna are buried in the Indian Creek Burial Ground near Riley,
Butler Co., OH. Thomas' inscription reads: Thomas Boone Born Aug 21, 1759
Died Feb 6, 1831

Children of Thomas Boone & Susanna Brumfield

1. William 1783 Berks, PA md. Anna Salome Price b. VA
2.Sarah b. 1784 Berks
3.Joseph b. 1785 Berks or on route to Mason Co., KY
4.Rachel 1789 KY
5. Brumfield 1791 md. Maria Wood 27 Feb. 1817, Butler, OH
6.Susan 1794
7.Lavinia 1798
8. Elizabeth 1800 md John McClain 21 Jul 1817, Butler Co., OH

Notes on William:

The Wayne County Cemetery Inscriptions by Beverly Yount states
that William Boone and Salome Price were the parents of several
children.. There is a file in the Oxford library with an
entry by Ms. Means that states William was the son of Thomas Boone
and Susanna Brumfield and that Salome's first name was Anna. There
are three daughters identified: Catherine who married John Lamb,
Elizabeth who married Solomon Brumfield, and Susan who married
Eliphatel Stanley. I have other documents that also state this Wm was
a son of Thomas and Susanna. Pauli Smith 13 Aug 1998

Pauli

This thread: