BOONE-L Archives

Archiver > BOONE > 2009-08 > 1250832150

From: "Calena" <>
Subject: [BOONE] John had 2 wives
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2009 01:22:30 -0400

Dear Boone List,

I haven't written for a while. I found some new information on my John Boone 1767-1831 from Guilford Co., NC to Indiana. I am not direct ancestor of Daniel Boone.
Through the Boone DNA Project a new cousin found me. He certainly had some surprising info for me. I'll give a little background on my line. My John married Dorcas Chestnutt in 1795 in Guilford Co., NC. They moved to Randolph Co., IN, in 1828. One or two of their sons had moved to IN in 1824. After lots of research we found that John's father was Stephen born ca. 1735-1745 and married Mary Paley.
John was one of 13 children. The family story was that John made a visitor back to NC a few times and in 1832 he died while visiting in NC and is buried there.
My new cousin lives in FL. He wrote to me and said that John was married to Sally Wilkins in 1816. They had two children: James Herring Boone born 1816 and Phenicy Jane Boone born abt. 1818. James moved south into SC and then to FL where he is buried. I have more details if anyone is interested.
If any of you know about the line of John & Sally (Wilkins) Boone or James Herring Boone , please let me know. I have tried to use this line to find more about Stephen & Mary Boon(e) but haven't had any success. I went to NC and couldn't find any record of the marriage in Sampson, Dauplin and a few neighboring counties. I went to the Archives in Raleigh, NC, and the book for Sampson Co. for Marriages and Bonds was missing.
I know there are several John Boon(e)s and even a few were born in or near the same year as this John. I haven't checked DNA Project to see who or if the other John Boones have participated.
Has anyone found any new information on Stephen and Mary Boon(e) in the last few years? We (my line) has been trying to find out who Stephen's father was.
I would appreciate any input.

Calena Marie

gr-gr-granddaughter of Paul Boone, IN
3x gr-granddaughter of John Boone, born 1767 NC, lived 1828 IN, died 1832 NC
4x gr-granddaughter of Stephen Boon(e) ca.1735-1790, Sampson Co., NC

This thread: