BOVARD-L Archives

Archiver > BOVARD > 2003-06 > 1056895224

From: "Dan Bravard" <>
Subject: Bovard/Bovaird and Bravard/Brevard link?
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2003 10:00:28 -0400

I have been researching my Bravard/Brevard line for sometime with my Father's assistance and just today came across the Bovard mailing list.

In my meanderings I have come across speculation that my Jean Brevard, who by oral family history was a French Hugenout who fled religious persecution there, may have fled to Ireland or Scotland before coming to America around 1700 or so. I have also heard speculation that the last name may have gone through several changes and that, indeed, variations of the name such as Bovard, Bovaird, Bovart may all come from the same family originally.

I am wondering if perhaps any of the members of the list have heard this or even been able to confirm it? Does any one know where the Bovard family originated? Were they truly Irish or did they emigrate from France?

Thanks.

Dan Bravard
Columbus, Ohio

This thread: