BOWEN-L Archives

Archiver > BOWEN > 2000-08 > 0966541823

From: Linda <>
Subject: [BOWEN-L] Bowens of Albemarle Co., Va.
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2000 14:50:23 -0500

I found some Bowens in the 1850 Census of Va. and would like to find
who they belong to.. need help..

I have a Bowen family of Albemarle as follows
Micajah Sr. Bowen b. Aug. 8, 1753 d. Dec. 24, 1845 he married Fannie
Francis b. 1753 d. unknown
children
1. Micajah Jr. Bowen bet. 1778-1790 Va. married to Rachel McCaslin (not
sure, there are a few Micajah)
did not find them in the 1850 census in Va.

2. William Bowen b. 1787 married to Peachy b. 1790
I found them in the 1850 Census of Albemarle co., Va.
children listed..
Mary b.1828
Wilhelmina b.1830
Ellen b. 1832
Aleline b. 1839

3. Reuben Bowen ...nothing more on him

4. James Bowen ....nothing more on him

The above family is of my line of Bowens

Living next to William married to Peachy is a James Bowen which could
be related..Does anyone know of this James Bowen?

James Bowen 63 (b.1787) Va.
Jane 62 Va.
Lavinia 24
Ann E 23
Sarah 22
Martha 19
Malinda 19
Sarah Moore 61 (probably Jane's mother?)

Does anyone connect to this James Bowen married to Jane (maybe Moore) of
Albemarle co., Va.??

There is also another James Bowen listed b.1796
married to a Francis b. 1803. (This one could be related also??)
children
Eliza
Mary
living with them
George Bayler
Ann "
James "
William Forlong from Ireland
Patick Quim Ireland

I am hoping to find more on the children..Any help appreciated.
Linda

This thread: