BOWLES-L Archives

Archiver > BOWLES > 2004-11 > 1100754440

Subject: Re: Captain Bowles of the Creeks and Cherokee Indians
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 00:07:20 EST

Hi,

Yes, so far, all of the information about (Chief) John BOWLES, Sr.'s father
is that he was a Scottish trader as were many of the other traders that married
Cherokee wives in other lines of mine and connecting families but I have seen
a lot more of the early BOWLES names in Virginia that were from England and
keep wondering if his father's family not have been from them....but, as I
said, so far, it's just the information that his father was a Scottish trader.

Bellinda

In a message dated 11/17/2004 1:32:09 PM Central Standard Time,