BP2000-L Archives

Archiver > BP2000 > 2008-05 > 1210260566

From: "Laurel Baty" <>
Subject: [BP2000] Will of Robert Beatty, Londonderry Ireland,son Ephraim in US (NY?)
Date: Thu, 8 May 2008 11:29:26 -0400

Will of Robert Beatty
Died 18th March 1878
Amount of Assets £ 549.0.5
[Transcribed from FHL microfilm 942,218, Londonderry District Will Books
1875 -1879, pages 538, by Laurel T. Baty]

In the name of God Amen. I Robert Beaty of Burnally in the County of
Londonderry Farmer do make this my last Will and Testament in manner
following that is to say I give and devise and bequeath unto my son Hugh
Beaty all my property consisting of my freehold farm in Burnally and the
farm I hold under the Maxwell family as tenant from year to year and situate
in the townlands of Coolagh and Faughanvale together with all other property
of whatsoever kind I may die possessed of subject to the following legacies
and charges namely to my son Alexander Beaty I give and bequeath a legacy of
one hundred pounds. To my son EPHRAIM BEATY now in the UNITED STATES of
America I give and bequeath the sum of fifty pounds. To my daughter Sarah
Beaty I give and bequeath the sum of fifty pounds in addition to any money I
may be indebted to her at my death together with her support in the family
as one of its members as heretofore should be satisfied to remain with them
and continue unmarried but should she get married and leave the family I
give and bequeath to her in that event a further sum of fifty pounds but
should she not be satisfied to remain with the family and keep single in
lieu of the second fifty pounds bequeathed to her on the event of her
marriage I will and direct that she is to get the use of the house now
occupied by William Taylor and which is to be kept in tenantable repair
together with an annuity of ten pounds a year during the term of her natural
life. As a provision for my dear wife Sarah Beaty it is my desire that she
should be supported and clothed and live with my son Hugh and have the same
control in the house as heretofore during her life but should my said wife
from any cause deem it advisable and prudent to separate herself from my
said son Hugh and the that portion of my family which may be residing at any
time with him I will and direct that my said son Hugh is to give her the
free and uncontrolled use of the room of my dwelling house next Myroe with
such furniture bed and bedding as she may select together with an annuity or
yearly allowance of ten pounds a year paid half yearly and a sufficient
quantity of fuel for her use and I hereby nominate and appoint my said wife
Sarah Beaty as my Executrix hereby revoking all former wills given under my
hand and seal this twenty eighth day of March in the year one thousand eight
hundred and seventy two.
Robert Beaty (seal)
Signed sealed and delivered by the said Testator Robert Beaty as and for his
Last Will and Testament in presence of us who at his request, in his
presence and in presence of each other have hereunto subscribed our names as
witnesses.
Joseph Davis, William Neely
For probate see Probate Book No 5 page 32
Will & Probate 9 fols.

Ireland, Index to Griffith’s Valuation, 1848-1864
Name: Robert Beatty
Location: Londonderry/Derry, Tamlaght Finlagan, Burnally

Source Information:

Heritage World Family History Services. Ireland, Index to Griffith’s
Valuation, 1848-1864 [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: The Generations
Network, Inc., 2008. Original data: Valuation Books, 1848-1864. National
Archives, Dublin and Public Record Office, Belfast.

Possibility for son Ephraim:
New York Passenger Lists, 1820-1957
Name: Ephraim Beatty
Arrival Date: 3 Aug 1868
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1843
Age: 25
Gender: Male
Port of Departure: Glasgow, Scotland and Moville, Ireland
Destination: United States of America
Place of Origin: Ireland
Ethnicity/Race­/Nationality: Irish
Ship Name: Caledonia
Search Ship Database: Search the Caledonia in the 'Passenger Ships and
Images' database
Port of Arrival: New York
Line: 43
Microfilm Serial: M237