BRANNON-CARON-L Archives

Archiver > BRANNON-CARON > 2008-10 > 1224306653

From: "J. Covey" <>
Subject: Re: [BRANNON-CARON] Branham/Brannon
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2008 22:10:53 -0700

Hi Betty,

I assume you are referring to my notes on Berryman/Taliaferro/Newton. Yet,
the Blackwell connection is nothing more than speculation. There is not one
shred of evidence to prove it. Church membership doesn't qualify as a clue
to family lineage. The Berryman & Newton namesakes in Scarberry's
grandchildren is a significant clue that is more than just speculation in my
mind.

Most researchers, I believe, have concluded that Scarberry is most likely a
"nickname" she gave herself, and that she was born "Sarah", although there
is no marriage or birth record to back that up.

Jan