BRANNON-L Archives

Archiver > BRANNON > 2005-02 > 1108924077

From: "Will" <>
Subject: Re: [BRANNON] Re: Brannon-West Virginia
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2005 10:27:57 -0800

Clarence; ( cousin) you must be?
(NOTE) for Earline; I know you will read this also). let me know.
Thank you so much. They are the same person.
I have 3 books on my grandmother's 3rd cousin Samuel ( Sam ) Brannan of Cal.
The first Thomas who went to Saco Maine from Ire. is the same one who is the
father of the youngest, the Samuel.
The story is;
Sam was born and his father as he always knew was an OLD Man.The second
marriage . of the first Thomas ( immigrant) was after the first wife
died. His too oldest son's drowned in the River there in separate
accidents. So when he mar. the 2nd time he named 2 of the second family of
sons the same names of those he lost. ( Thus the death in 1799).
I have never gotten any info from Saco of census etc. I appreciate this as
I didn't have some of the ch. from 2nd family and didn't know of more than
3.

Thomas was a brother to The John ( Irish) Brannon who went to Phil. Pa in
1763. I found that yrs ago and have it someplace here.
Some and most of what I have on Sam's line is from these three books I
have on him.
"Sam Brannon and the Mormans", Sam Brannon of Cal. and not sure of these
titles , but have another one.
Their father's name was Patrick Brannon. Thomas ( immigrant) was b 25 Dec.
1755 and abt 15 miles from where brother John was in Ire.
I did one time find a Patrick in Ire. but not where these were born. The
name is in Sam's book.
I am also looking for more on John Brannon in Pa. when he mar. Rebecca
Baldwin b in 1750 in Meridian, New Haven Ct. Need the mar. record in abt
1765?? It was said that he worked for Wm. Penn and learned the surveyor
trade.
Can you send me the article from the book about this Thomas.
Hope I have clarified the Thomas' and two different families. They are the
same father and true he was old. Does the age of 65 coincide with birth date
of 25 Dec. 1755???
Are you related or do you live in Maine etc.??
I will be happy to share what I have with you Clarence. You must be from
one of Thomas ch.
Have you seen the books on Sam of Cal???
Maxine Baldwin Wilton ( 2 Baldwin lines.) Mom (1745) and dad's 1817,
sides.