BRANNON-L Archives

Archiver > BRANNON > 2013-07 > 1373290394

From: ,
Subject: [BRANNON] Anderson R Brannon
Date: Mon, 08 Jul 2013 13:33:14 -0000

Author: barbaraharmon11
Surnames: Brannon Brannan
Classification: queries

Message Board URL:

http://boards.rootsweb.com/surnames.brannon/1451/mb.ashx

Message Board Post:

Looking for information on my Great Great Great Grandfather Anderson R Brannon (Sometimes spelled Brannan). I see some posts from several years ago of others who have been stuck on him.

Anderson was born in AL or GA abt Nov 1824.
April 18 1845 Married Mary Ann 'Polly' Phillips Calhoun Co
1866 lived in Calhoun according to Census

Served with Company G 12 AL in Civil War Rank Private

1870 lived in Etowah Co, AL

Apr 9 1874 issued statement he was running for Commissioner.
He died later that day of congestion of the bowels.

Mary Ann applied for Confederates Widow pension June 10 1899 after act was passed Feb 1899 for Confederate Soldiers and Widow to receive a pension

Witnesses who knew Anderson while he was in service Ray Little and J.H Richards. They both placed their mark on the application.

I cannot find where Anderson is buried or his parents' names. I believe Mary Ann was buried at Aurora Cemetery with a marker that said Grandma Brannon. I couldn't find it this past week thou.
Anderson was the son in law of Mark and Nancy Phillips but I don't think he is buried at the Mark Phillips Family Cemetery.
Anderson had my Mother stuck before me and she thought his Dad's name was Thomas but she doesn't know where she got that from.
Thanks for any help.
Barbara

Important Note: