BRAZIL-L Archives

Archiver > BRAZIL > 2000-07 > 0962955710

From: José Verheecke <>
Subject: Re: [BRAZIL-L] Brazilian cousins of Quenn Paola of Belgium
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2000 09:41:50 +0200

I will pass along your message to the Office Généalogique et Héraldique de Belgique-
(Hötel communal de Woluwe St.Pierre ,av.Charles Thielemans 93, B 1150 Bruxelles)
they edited the Mosselman-genealogy.
As for close relatives on the Mosselman side:
I.(XV.in the genealogy)Théodore-Jean MOSSELMAN du CHENOY(1804-1876)
x1(1823)his cousin Flora MOSSELMAN(1800-1834)
x2(1841)Isabelle COGHEN
father of
(ex1)(1) 2 sons s.p.
(ex2)(3)Isabelle(°1842) x 1861 Auguste,baron d'ANETHAN(1829-1906)-children
(4)Theodore °+1843
(5)Armand,follows sub II.
(6)Paul(1849-1895) x 1892 Hélène-Laure FRASER (°1855)
1 son :Albert-Georges °1881
(7)Laure x RUFFO di CALABRIA-->>queen Paola
(8)Henriette(1855-1899)
x 1873 Bernard Vte du BUS de GISIGNIES(1832-1917)-children
II.Armand(-Théodore-André) MOSSELMAN du CHENOY °Bruxelles 18.6.1847 +Bruxelles 24.11.1893
chevalier de l'ordre de Léopold
x Douai 1867 (Marie-)Euphémie SALVY(°Douai 25.7.1847 +St.Gilles 11.9.1936,fa.Pierre x
Marguerite GRAMONT)
children
(1)Léon x MESSEDER-->descendants in Brazil
(2)Marguerite(-Armande) °Paris 22.3.1869 +Forest 3.4.1945 unm.
(3)Frédéric(-Théodore-Pierre)"Fritz" °St.Énogat(Dinard) 28.11.1870 +Ixelles 23.12.1955 unm.
,Lt-Col.,officier des ordres de Léopold et de la Couronne,aves palmes
a brilliant horseman,represented Belgium in numerous international competitions.
(4)Jenny(-Théodora-Flore-Louise-Euphémie-Henriette) °Chenoy 19.11.1872 +Forest 14.11.1945,unm.
She inherited,with her brothers and sisters,one eighth(= their father's part) of the fortune of Jean DE NECK
(+1878),a distant cousin on the Coghen-side.(his succession dragged on until an agreement in 1918)

So-your nearest Belgian "cousins" are Belgian nobles(the descendants of I(3) and I(8),supra,a branch of the
Ruffo's,and the king and queen of the Belgians.
Not bad at all,isn't it
;-)
José Verheecke