BRETHREN-L Archives

Archiver > BRETHREN > 1998-04 > 0893474421

From: "rhoese" <>
Subject: Re: The Brethren
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 1998 22:20:21 -0500

That is really an inspiring and succinct history and explanation of current
Brethren works. May I have your permission to print it in my newsletter
Words to Wise, for descendants of Adam Wise? Many of his grandchildren and
probably children, (his second wife was Brethren) were ministers of COB of
some sort or other. I descend through Elder John Wise, his father David
Wise, Adam Wise Jr, to Adam Wise. Two books came out on this line this year,
mostly the same information, but the first was called Water and the Word,
because he had a mill, the property is still in the Wise family; and had so
many descendants who were preachers.