BRETHREN-L Archives

Archiver > BRETHREN > 1998-05 > 0896675175

From: MRS GRACE W EVANS< >
Subject: Clark Co, Oh Minnich family
Date: Sun, 31 May 1998 23:26:15, -0500

-- [ From: Grace Evans * EMC.Ver #2.5.3 ] --

Hello Phyllis,

Sorry, I don't have anything on your Ohio Minnichs or those from VA;
however, there is mention of Peter in my data. Looks to me as if we're
talking about the same person.

According to information given to me, sons of Johann Philip MUENCH,
Simon (my ancestor) and Peter, arrived in Oley Valley (Berks Co PA) in
1736.

Their ancestor, Baron Munch of France, because of his conversion to
Protestantism during the reign of Louis XIV, was stripped of his
possessions, his chateau burned and he himself killed. His kinsmen fled
to Germany in 1685.

This is from _History of the Minich, Munech, Minnick Family_ by Michael
A. Gruber, 1915. Another source cited was _Blue Book of Schuylkill
County_ by E. Z. Elliott, 1916.

My data on this family ends with Simon's daughter Maria Appolonia MUENCH
, who m. my GGGG grandfather Jacob WAGNER in Stouchsburg, Berks Co, PA.
My WAGNER line were Lutheran or Reformed until 1898 when my grandfather
married Mattie Crouse KING and joined the Ridgely CoB on the Eastern
Shore of MD.

Sorry I can't be of more help right now. It was less than 2 months ago
that I learned of my MUENCH/MINNICH ancestors; and I am indebted to
members of another list for sharing that. I'm still hunting and if I
find a connection to the Brethren Minnichs, I'll be happy to share it,
as well as any other information I have.

Grace Evans
Lancaster PA

> Date: Sunday, 31-May-98 11:09 AM
>
> From: Phyllis Jean Monroe \ Internet: ()
> To: (Unlisted Name) \ Internet:
> ()
>
> Subject: Clark Co, Oh Minnich family
>
> Hello Grace and Peggy,
>
> Seeing the name Minnich in your correspondence caught my eye and so I
> eavesdropped on your messages. My ancestry is the Wendel (1731-1787)
and
> Gertraut Balsbach (1731-1783) Minnich line, but I am also interested
in the
> other Minnich/Minnick/Muench, etc. families. I do think they were all
related
> in Europe just arrived in US at different times and settled in
different areas.
> I would like to test my theory with you all if you are interested.
>
> Several years ago, about 1985, I came across Peter Minnich who came to
the US
> along with brothers and families, but have not taken the time to
expand that
> line to see where they settled, etc. since I was more interested in
the Wendel
> line who settled in Montgomery, Miami and Darke Counties, Ohio.
>
> When I saw your correspondence this morning, I checked the Ohio
Marriage
> Records from 1789-1850 and found approx.. 25 Minnich/Minnick marriages
in Clark
> Co. If you are interested in that information I will be happy to
include it
> in a future correspondence.
>
> I am interested in the information that you have on the Family who
came from
> Botetourt, VA (that was one of the routes taken by the Brethren from
PA) and