BRETHREN-L Archives

Archiver > BRETHREN > 1998-12 > 0913445642

From: Thomas Pletcher <>
Subject: Re: Skeletons
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 1998 01:54:02 -0500

Hello,
I to have found out about my ancestors and some of it was real
uncomfortable to read. My grandfather was placed in a boys home in Iowa
after his father deserted the family and it scared him for life. A good
man but he was haunted by the beating and the feelings of abandonment.
Later on in Life he became a Alcoholic, but knowing what he went through
by getting the records of the Boys home he was in, 14 years old for
being incorigable, was taken there by his Uncle who told him they were
going on a vacation. I now understand him and have much more empathy for
him.
Sincerely Tom Pletcher

P.S. Still looking for the Pletcher/Pletscher who were Brethren. If
anyone could look them up I would reall appreciate it.

I will also do lookup for anyone who has relatives who they think may
have at one time been Brethren. The books I own cover mainly the 1700's
but one goes into Ohio, Crawford County.

Thanks for the help you have given me so far.