BRETHREN-L Archives

Archiver > BRETHREN > 2001-01 > 0979009180

From: "Richard Brown" <>
Subject: Brethren Obituaries from Franklin Co., Kansas for Jesse Brown
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2001 20:59:40 -0600

I promised Fern Baldwin awhile back I would get this out and I apologize for
the delay. The following are some obits for some of My ancestors that were
Brethren.

Mr. Jesse Brown was born Nov. 22, 1831; died May 13, 1902, after a lingering
sickness from cancer of the stomach. Was therefore 70 years, 5 months, and
21 days old. The funeral occured at the Appanoose Dunkard Church on the
afternoon of the 14th, Rev. Heckman conducting the services.
(this obit was in the Pomona, Kansas Enterprise May 16, 1902).

(From the Pomona Republican May 14, 1902)
The funeral of Jesse Brown was held yesterday and the remains were intered
in the Dunkard cemetery.

Jesse Brown was born in North Carolina. His parents are unknown but from
the 1880 Franklin County Kansas Census His Parents were both born in north
Carolina also. He had 3 Sons and 2 daughters that I know of the first born
in Indiana in 1857. The second born in Illinois in 1858. The other 3 born
back in Indiana between 1860 and 1864.

He is believed to have been married 3 times. 1st to Sylvia or Sylvinia
Walker who died before 1860. The second wife was Delilia Kellogg. He came
to Franklin County, Kansas by 1878 and the 1880 Census shows Him married to
Sarah Jane.

Click here for Free Video!!
http://www.gohip.com/free_video/

This thread: