BRETHREN-L Archives

Archiver > BRETHREN > 2001-08 > 0997937887

Subject: Re: [BRE] Juniata
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 00:58:07 EDT

In a message dated 8/14/2001 8:02:09 PM Eastern Daylight Time, "Donna
Vassalotti" <> writes:

> I was wondering if anyone would have an email address for anyone at
Juniata
> college who might be able to help me. I have many old photos of old
> professors and founders of the college dating back to when it was
Huntingdon
> Normal School. They were the possessions of my Great grandfather David
Emmert.
> The majority of the pics don't give a clue as to who they all are. Some of
> the names are Zook and Swiggert. I am also looking for any relatives of old
> Juniata professors and founders. Donna Emmert Vassalotti

Donna,

I don't have an e-mail address, but the best person to contact, in my
opinion, is Dr. Earl Kaylor, Jr., Charles A. Dana professor emeritus of
history at Juniata College. Kaylor is author of Juniata's official history,
"Truth Sets Free" and "M.G. Brumbaugh," a biography of Juniata's third and
fifth president, taught at Juniata for 33 years, retiring as full professor
in 1991.

His address is:

Dr. Earl C. Kaylor, Jr.
111 Edinburgh Court
Huntingdon, PA 16652-2720

Also, the president is Dr. Thomas Kepple, and his e-mail address is

I am a 3rd cousin 3 times removed of Juniata founders Henry Boyer Brumbaugh,
John Boyer Brumbaugh & Andrew Boelus Brumbaugh, M. D.

Good luck,
Charlie Meiser

This thread: