BRETHREN-L Archives

Archiver > BRETHREN > 2001-09 > 0999356708

From: "John C. Dawson" <>
Subject: [BRE] Fredrick E. Lincks
Date: Sat, 1 Sep 2001 11:05:08 -0400

I have a dilemma. My ancestor Fredrick E. Lincks was born in Alsace-Loraine on April 2, 1838. He emigrated to the States in 1839 with his parents, and settled in Chambersburg, Franklin County, PA.

Here he was naturalized (1856) and on the 1850 Census was listed as a minister for the United Brethren Church. He married Mary Oyler and moved temporarily to Indiana, where two children were born, and then to Canal Fulton, Stark County, OH, where he remained for the rest of his life. He was listed as a circuit minister (?) for the United Brethren Church, since he was also employed as a molder for the coal mines there.

I have had an extremely difficult time verifying his ministerial activities, other than being noted on a census. I was in Chambersburg in 1981, but I know genelogical records have improved greatly since then. I have written the United Brethren Church (Dayton, Ohio, I believe), but at that time they could only offer very little information.

Can anyone with knowledge of this period and geographical background offer me any ideas? I would be extremely grateful.

John C. Dawson
11th West Virginia Inf

http://www.geocities.com/cok11wv

This thread: