BRETHREN-L Archives

Archiver > BRETHREN > 2002-04 > 1019966208

From: "J. M. Freed" <>
Subject: [BRE] Dunker, Francis High, 1880, Fayette Co., PA
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2002 23:56:48 -0400

In searching for a non-Brethren family, I came across a mention of a
Dunkard in Paul Miller Ruff's "Jacobs Lutheran Church, German
Township, Fayette County (PA), Parish Records, Part II, 1793-1885",
(published by Paul Miller Ruff, Greensburg, PA, 1996).

On August 6, 1880, Joseph High and Francis High were received into
Jacobs Lutheran Church (page 89 of the published volune). There is no
indication of the relationship between the two, but they were the only
two listed who joined the church in August of 1880. On page 90 of
this published volume, Francis High is listed as of the "Dunkard"
protestant group.

I have no further knowledge of this High family, and am not related to
this High family. Just thought that this information may be of some
value to Brethren researchers of the High family.

Jim

This thread: