BRETHREN-L Archives

Archiver > BRETHREN > 2004-11 > 1101164315

From: Tom Ladner <>
Subject: Re: [BRE] Descendants of Jacob Shock
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 14:58:35 -0800 (PST)

Hello! Nancy,

Note: Don't know! much about this information except
when the Shock's flow into Gladwin County, MI History!
It starts with 1. JACOB1 SHOCK was born Abt. 1793 in
Maryland (likely Washin gton
Co.), and died October 19, 1869 in Tippecanoe Twp.,
Kosciusko Co.,
Ind iana. He married ESTHER SMITH March 28, 1811 in
Bedford Co.,
Pennsylvania. She was born April 18, 1789 in
Pennsylvania (possibly
Bedford Co.), and died June 14, 1863 in Tippecanoe
Twp., Kosciusko Co.,
Indiana. Which, is part of a Donald T. Mitchell.
Rootsweb.com WorldConnect Tree... then, follows Jacob
& Esther descendant thru MICHAEL2 SHOCK (JACOB1) was
born 17 Sep 1813 in New Lebanon, Montgomery Co., OH,
and died 23 Mar 1894 in Richland Twp Defiance Co., OH.
He married ELIZABETH 'LIZZIE' HORNISH Abt. 1837 in
OH. She was born 18 Sep 1818 in PA, and died 06 May
1907 in Richland TWP, Defiance Co., OH. then, LEVI3
SHOCK (MICHAEL2, JACOB1) was born 20 Apr 1853 in
Richland TWP, Defiance Co., OH, and died 07 Jan 1933
in Defiance Co., OH. He married SUSANNAH GOPPERT 02
Jan 1877 in Defiance Co., OH. She was born 15 Mar
1859 in Kosciusko Co., IN, and died 01 Jun 1941 in
Defiance Co., OH. then, 4. LEROY4 SHOCK (LEVI3,
MICHAEL2, JACOB1) was born 18 Nov 1882 in Defiance,
OH, and died 10 May 1963 in Beaverton, Gladwin Co, MI.
He married BERTHA ELIZABETH ANDRIST 08 May 1904 in
Defiance, OH, daughter of JOHN ANDRIST and MARY
HARRIS. She was born 01 Sep 1886 in Williams County,
OH, and died 19 Sep 1957. Which, this all becomes part
of Gladwin Co., MI History. Also, connects with
McKimmy/Berkebile's etc. Can send you this file if you
like? Don't see any Shook Surname mentioned. It's can
of long though fantastic information. 145 pages if you
wish to print it out! Tom