BRETHREN-L Archives

Archiver > BRETHREN > 2005-02 > 1109001811

From: "Bill & Lynn Sewell" <>
Subject: Re: [BRE] Teagarden family
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 10:03:31 -0600

Ferne, I am also a descendent of Sebastain Shoup from Bedford Co,PA. His
granddaughter married Henry Steele and they started the Steele line in Adams
Co,In. I wondered if the Shoup line in Bedford Co,PA was also Brethren.
Henry and Margaret Steele are buried in Pleasant Dale Cemetery. Adams Co,In.
I understand that the Pleasant Dale church which is adjacent to the cemetery
is still a Brethren Church. Is that right? There does not seem to be a
clear cut answer as to if the Shoups from Bedford Co,PA were also Brethren.
Lynn