BRETHREN-L Archives

Archiver > BRETHREN > 2005-03 > 1110123814

Subject: Re: [BRE] Brewbaker/Rummel
Date: Sun, 06 Mar 2005 15:43:34 +0000

Merle, Richard:

I also noted yesterday the Rummel connection in Harriet Gilbert's Brubaker family history. There was no information in the book on Elizabeth's father although it does say about Elizabeth and Jacob Henry:

"Jacob Henry Brubaker b. Apr. 14, 1789 in Lancaster Co., Pa., m. Elizabeth Rummel b. June 17, 1798 near Mercersburg, Pa., m ---- 1816 near Bedford Co., Pa. Elizabeth Brubaker d. Apr. 4, 1864. Her stone says 67 yrs, 5 mons, and 24 days, which is Nov. 11, 1798, but the Angle family bible said June 17, 1978. Elizabeth Brubaker is buried in the First Methodist Episcopal Ch. Cem., Mercersburg, Pa. Jacob Brubaker d. Mar. 8, 1978 in the "Corner". I haven't been able to find his grave. He is buried somewhere around Mercersburg, Pa. The family lived the greater part of their lives near Mercersburg, near Claylick, s.w. of Mercersburg, in the Corner. They came to Franklin Co., after 1824, when they liven in Ayr Twp., Bedford Co., Pa., now the region of the Great Cove in Fulton CO., McConnellsburg, Pa. " Harriett Gilbert, "The Brubaker Family from Mercerburg, Montgomery Twp., Pennsylvania 1789-1991."
(Typed transcription not exact).

I don't know if this helps. I didn't see other Rummels but the family is definitely Brethren with many Hawbakers, Millers, Angles, etc.

I don't know where Zullinger is. Wayneboro is still there but the distance from Waynesboro to Claylick can't be much more than 20 miles so Zullinger is in there somewhere.

Ray