BRETHREN-L Archives

Archiver > BRETHREN > 2005-03 > 1110123948

From: Richard Folkerth <>
Subject: List of immigrants; Ship Brothers, 30 Sept 1754
Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2005 07:45:48 -0800 (PST)

This is the list of immigrants from List C ... where they signed
their names to the Oath. Photocopies of the signatures are included
in an early version of the book as a separate volume that is found at
larger libraries ... including the library in Dallas. Ask the
librarian; this volume probably won't be on the shelf. I added the
immigrant's age (from List A) during transcription and added the
sequence numbers at that same time.

List C: Ship Brothers to Philadelphia, 30 Sept 1754
Signatures to the Oath of Abjuration

Sequence Given Name SurnameAge
Number(From List A)
(Added during
transcription)
1Johannes BartelmiSchmid[t]48
2Johann GeorgHumbert17
3Johann JacobStamm27
4Johannes (M)Miller20
5Fillippus JacobSpth42
6Johann PeterHahn46
7Georg ChristophDuber39
8Johannes Aller44
9Conrad (X)Wagner29
10DanielSander32
11Johann ConradSchmidt19
12Conrad (O)Mercky25
13Henry (+)Weidman18
14JohannesKlein23
15Johann DiehlKleinman30
16Jacob Bernard34
17Johann BalthasSchmidt42
18Wilhelm (X)Staut19
19Johan ChristHoch ?45
20J. George (X)Lucker30
21Johan JostUlick30
22Johann TielWerss45
23Johohnn PetterWersch17
24Hanns JacobGeist45
25Johann GergKol27
26Carl Heinrich JacobKauffman36
27Johann Gorg Spies28
28Johannes Schadel33
29Johann NicoclausKimmel20
30Michael (O)Rsh44
31Jacob (X)Huber16
32Johann Ludwig ErnstSchiller38
33HenrichGraff19
34ValentinNoldt27
35AbrahamMellinger22
36Jacob (X)Shnable37
37JohannesHerschberger21
38JohannesKny23
39JohannesEicher18
40Gorg MichelSchultz30
41JohannesForrer20
42AbrahamHackmann27
43Johann JacobPrubacher21
44JacobPrubacher29
45JohannesSchri26
46Peter (X)Weitzel18
47Anthony (XX)Weitzel20
48SteffanWeber46
49Frantz (++) Burghart44
50Michael (++)Burghart18
51Georg LudwigMeittinger33
52Johan ChristianTrump26
53Hans Gorg (X)Ziebf50
54JosephZiepf18
55CasperWagner18
56FriedrichBecher43
57AugustusSchaad30
58Henrich ZumBrun36
59Johann WolfgangMhring23
60Christian (X)Wolst23
61JohannesRitschhart33
62HansMlldaler18
63JacobPfister22
64BalthaserReimer40
65PeterPfister46
66ChristianEicher46
67DanielOtt30
68ValentinUrlettig30
69AbrahamBleistein26
70Johann GeorgDiemer19
71Hans GeorgKrauss31
72Friederich (X)Andereas30
73Johann ValentinWebel17
74Hans JacobSchaffner30
75Davit (+)Hungerberer23
76Johan ChristianWittmer31
77Joh. JacobWittmer23
78ChristofelVolckarth18
79Joseph Leman21
80JacobDettweiler21
81Martin (X) Herman29
82AdamKuntel30
83Philip (X)Metzger31
84JoannesFrey34
85ChristianHuber24
86JohannesMller20
87AberhamStrickler40
88OswaldAndreas30
89Jacob Becker27
90Leonhart (X)Krumbein22
91Johann GrgBecker20
92PeterFrey33
93Hanns MichelKoppenhffer42
94Wendal (W)Gilbert28
95Wilhelm (O)Ashelman20
96HenrichHiestant23
97JohannesSeiths20
98FilbAs20
99JosephBubikofer30
100Caspar (H)Knag29
101JohannesKantz ?

Notes
1. This list is based on the reading of the actual hand-written
signature lists by the author of Pennsylvania German Pioneers; Ralph
Beaver Strassburger.
2. The order in which the immigrants signed the list probably is
important, but the actual meaning is not known to me.
3. Signature numbers were assigned when this list was prepared in
January, 2001.
4. Parentheses are used to enclose the mark made by those who could
not write, as in the (M) for Johannes Miller, #4.
5. A clerk was present to record the names of those who could not
write. The clerks for List B and C were different people, based on
the handwriting. My speculation is that these clerks probably had
some knowledge of German.
Transcribed by
F. Richard Folkerth
January, 2001