BRETHREN-L Archives

Archiver > BRETHREN > 2005-12 > 1135955876

From: "Emmert F. Bittinger" <>
Subject: Re: [BRE] Re: Daniel Arnold
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2005 10:17:56 -0500

Hello Jan,
I have very limited information about the Arnold family in eastern Penna.,
and none about Ditlow. However, one of the sons of John George Arnold
settled in Berks Co. Pa., and apparently remained in that area. I have
designated him as number 4 of the John George Arnold Children. I am copying
that short paragraph of material to you in this e-mail. With this clue, you
may be able to persue that Arnold line down if you can discover where that
material may be located. Emmert Bittinger

14 John Martin, born July 6, 1731 in Germany. The writer has discovered a
Martin Arnold who immigrated on the ship Mary on Aug. 25, 1742 and settled
in Heidelberg Twp. in Berks County, Pa. He may or may not be a son of John
George Arnold. On the tax list of 1756, his name was listed as Martin
Armheld (a name that does not appear on the ship lists, and is believed to
be Martin Arnold. Martin Arnold is included in the Biographical and
Historical Annals of Berks Co., Pa., on page 1057. Although, Martin would
have been quite youthful in 1742, he signed his name to the loyalty oath.

The children of Martin and unknown wife were John, Jacob born
July 10, 1787 and died Jan. 15, 1850, and Rebecca who married Daniel
Schneider.