BRETHREN-L Archives

Archiver > BRETHREN > 2007-06 > 1182793574

Subject: Re: [BRE] Back Creek, Berkeley Co., VA
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2007 13:46:14 EDT

In a message dated 6/24/2007 11:15:46 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
writes:

Bob,

May I ask what your interest in Back Creek, Berkeley Co., Va, is.? I had
relatives there in the 1740s-1760s and am intrigued with the area -- and now
live nearby. (I just rejoined the mailing list so have missed the first
messages on the subject.)

Pat Hickin

Hi Pat,
My ancestor (3rd great grandfather) Jacob Snider 1732-1790 died there in
1790. He had a grist mill there on Back Creek. His son Abraham Sr ended up with
the property. They are connected to many families in the Back Creek area
around Hedgesville, Jones Spring, Tomahawk etc. What were your surnames in the
area?

Maybe we should continue this talk direct?

Bob