Archiver > BRETHREN > 2007-06 > 1183037321

Subject: Re: [BRE] Drake's Creek in Kentucky
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 06:28:41 -0700 (PDT)

Drakes Creek GBB, KY has a listing in the Brethren Encyclopedia which states it was located in Simpson & Allen Counties (formerly Warren Co), organized ca 1800 by Carolinians, but may have never had a meetinghouse.

I note that in my RootsWeb genealogy listings I have several Drakes who intermarried with Gish and Noffsinger families in Muhlenberg Co or nearby KY areas, but I am unaware of Nathaniel.

Wayne Lucore Grd Jct, CO

Merle C Rummel <> wrote:
I've been down there, several times. No, I did not know how the creek
got its name and did not look for the name "Drake". Would you send me
more information on Nathaniel and his family?

Merle C Rummel

> Does anyone have information on the Drake family associated with Drake's
> Creek German Baptist church in Kentucky. possibly in Simpson or Allen
> County. Nathaniel Drake. B. 1820 was a member of the Yellow River German
> BAptist church near Bourbon Indiana when he died.. Nathaniel was married to
> Hannah Stuckman/Stockman. By family lore, Nathaniel's family came from
> Kentucky to Indiana before 1820. Ancestral information is sought.

Join The Fellowship Of Brethren Genealogists (FOBG)
Our Sponsoring Agency
For further information contact Ron McAdams