BRETHREN-L Archives

Archiver > BRETHREN > 2007-10 > 1192469022

From: Phil Ritter <>
Subject: Re: [BRE] Tohickon Reformed Church.Bucks Co,PA
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2007 10:23:42 -0700

The Tohickon Church was also a "Union" Church. Ancestry.com's
database of the Lutheran records cites a book, William J. Hinke, A
history of the Tohickon Union Church, Bedminster Township, Bucks
County, Pennsylvania : with copy of church records, Reformed
congregation, Lutheran congregation. Meadville, PA, USA: Tribune Pub.
Co., ca. 1925. The Lutheran and Reformed congregation records are
also included in Genealogy.com's GenealogyLibrary database,
Pennsylvania German Church Records, 1729-1870.

Some of my Bachman lines are listed in the Reformed congregation
baptismal records, despite having originally been Mennonite, and
later (in Ohio or Indiana as Baughmans) belonging to Mennonite or
Brethren churches.