BRETHREN-L Archives

Archiver > BRETHREN > 2008-02 > 1203577593

From: "Wayne Webb" <>
Subject: [BRE] Note from J. F. Cline
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 02:06:33 -0500

Morning List,

I saw this in passing this morning and thought it might interest some. I do as it mentions that their meeting-house was one made of sod.

GM Vol. 25, No. 4, p. 58, Jan. 25, 1887.
Bro. J F. Cline started on foot, Nov. 6, from Sherman Center, Kan., to Cheyenne Co., same State, and as he walked over the beautiful prairies he was made to think of the wonderful works of God. By making frequent inquiries he found the home of Bro. Byers, where he was kindly cared for. On the 7th they had meeting in their sod meeting-house, and in the evening Bro. Cline spoke to the people in Bro. Myer's home. Brethren Myers and Cakerice are the ministers in this church . . .

Wayne Webb
Editor: Brethren Roots

This thread: