BRETHREN-L Archives

Archiver > BRETHREN > 2008-03 > 1206393056

Subject: Re: [BRE] Explaining the Frantz-Garst Marriages
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2008 17:10:56 EDT

This has been an interesting discussion. Reminded me of my broken heart
when, as a 7 year old, I learned would never be allowed to marry my 12 year old
cousin, whom I adored, and still do.

Another penny's worth. There seemed to be a dismissal of those of different
denominations meeting on the ship crossing the pond. I have several lines
from marriages of different denominations early on and often wondered how
they could have met. Just within the past month I found on a passenger list,
one forbear, who became one of the earliest Reformed ministers and who had
married a Brethren woman. I found him at age 21 with his family, and the young
lady at age 16 with her family on the same ship's passenger list. Most
passengers on the list were escaping the prejudice and horror created by edicts of
the latest pogrom by the state religion. My point is; not every passenger on
a ship would be of the same denomination.

Regards,

Jan

J. L. Strange, BA, CCHT, RMT
Ask me about hypnotherapy or Reiki for pain relief, energy healing,
spiritual emergency, past life regression.

Home.