BRETHREN-L Archives

Archiver > BRETHREN > 2008-07 > 1216687537

From: Sparky Wride <>
Subject: Re: [BRE] Some who led;or, Fathers in the Church of the Brethren who have passed over,
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2008 17:45:37 -0700 (PDT)

Does this book concentrate on a group of the church that lived in a certain area?  If so, which area?

                       Thanks,   Sparky

--- On Mon, 7/21/08, <> wrote:
I would strongly recommend getting this book on interlibrary loan,
which I did several years ago. It has a picture of nearly every leader
of the Brethren who it chooses to include with a bio, usually just
about a page or two in length. It is really swell to look into the eyes
The title is:
Some who led;or, Fathers in the Church of the Brethren who have passed
over,
It was written in an era when one on one personal contact and
relationships were still valued. In this day and age when people write
about others who they have never known personally it is somewhat
refreshing to read such a book. Especially about so many people who
sacrificed so much for the benefit of others. A must read for everyone
on this list I would think, even those who think they know little or
even those who think the know everything about the Brethren but never
really  lived like or knew personally these early Brethren who are
really worthy of being called "leaders." They may be absent from many

Richard B.

This thread: