BRETHREN-L Archives

Archiver > BRETHREN > 2009-04 > 1240882126

From: "Robert Carpenter" <>
Subject: Re: [BRE] North Carolina Brethren Settlements
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 21:28:46 -0400

Dwayne,

I will respond to your statements. First of all, I described the German
Settlements, not just Brethren settlements, in North Carolina prior to the
American Revolution. Within those German settlements could be found one or
two Brethren settlements.

Dwayne, you did a very good job of listing the early Brethren settlements
based upon historical research. I think more can be discovered but these
areas are basically correct.

I will respond to each of your listings.