BRETHREN-L Archives

Archiver > BRETHREN > 2009-06 > 1244926330

From: GEORGE NEWMAN <>
Subject: Re: [BRE] New Here/cemetery disrepair
Date: Sat, 13 Jun 2009 13:52:10 -0700 (PDT)

I don't know what the thieves do with old stones unless they are statues, but the gates were stolen from a cemetery that we maintain.  The local deputy said they they would probably end up in an architectural antique supplier's establishment.  That was five years ago, they were not found in this area so we suppose that someone in another part of the country has a nice set of wrought iron gates.  When we purchased new ones the iron artist designed the letters for the name of our cemetery into the gates.  Hopefully no one with need gates that say Bethany Cemetery.

Cemetery vandalism and theft is quite frequent in our area.
 George and Sherry IN GOD WE TRUST