BRETHREN-L Archives

Archiver > BRETHREN > 2009-06 > 1245066303

Subject: Re: [BRE] Cemetery care
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 07:45:03 EDT

Ron,
I am NOT an attorney, but I speak from past experiences. If the township
trustees, municipalities and/or county commissioners ignored your requests
you did have recourse. They are bound by law to maintain and care for
cemeteries, old and new; used and closed. _http://codes.ohio.gov/orc_
(http://codes.ohio.gov/orc) (home page) or more specifically
_http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/759.12_ (http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/759.12) which states the "oath" they
take to accept funds and perpetually maintain cemeteries.
You could have filed a petition with the Probate court to enforce the law.
I believe that there is even a form you can download for this filing.
Don't get too frustrated and give up. The law is the law. These officials
should be held accountable.
I think that's the problem with a lot today. No one is accountable. From
the President on down to the lowest criminial.....

Anyway, if you want to email me off list I could explain more..... this
gets too lengthy

Sarah
+pray fro peace

In a message dated 6/14/2009 8:55:33 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,