BRETHREN-L Archives

Archiver > BRETHREN > 2009-06 > 1245212041

From: Jane Davis <>
Subject: Re: [BRE] Cemetery care
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 22:14:01 -0600

Regarding permission to cross private property to any cemetery:

Someone may want to correct this, but I believe there is law applying to all cemeteries that are on private property. Property owners cannot refuse you the right to enter the cemetery when you are crossing their land to get to the cemetery. However, it is always a good idea to let the property owner know you want to cross their land to enter the cemetery when there is no road to the cemetery. I believe this is a national law and not a state law, but I could always be wrong. Jane Davis.